Pages

Friday, December 17, 2010

The Blogfire of the Vanities


 At some point during the past two days I decided that I should become another aspiring writer with a blog. Yes, I  am that vain. Not only do I think Im good enough to write a 100,000 work of fiction that  people would  pay to read, but now I also think someone may want to read my daily musings about it.

 For someone whose often wondered if most  facebookers, tweeters, and bloggers are nothing else than lonely, attention-seeking creatures looking to gain adept minions in whatever adventure they believe to be part of, this is a new development. Or maybe I'm simply embracing the reality of being one more of many, rather than a different kind of one.

So, let's do it. My name is Rita. I'm thirty four. Working as a book translator. And would like to become a published writer.

Okay, maybe that sounds a little pathetic, there is a bit more to it than that. I have a finished draft for a women's fiction novel temptatively titled, Tourdancer which has recently won me a scholarship to participate in the 2011 Eckerd College Writers in Paradise Conference and have my manuscript be part of a professional workshop with novelist Anne Hood in Tampa, Florida.

This would be not my very first, but a definite introduction into the world of what it takes to become a "real fiction writer" and I expect some interesting drama ahead which I hope can turn into nice fodder for this blog. If that fails, I can always rely on my fascinating musings about pop culture, things I like, and even deeper subjects, like the meaning of life.

After all -and personal vanity aside- who wouldn't want to read about that?

2 comments:

  1. This is a great intro to your blog!!! You're not pathetic! It's inspiring to watch your dreams unfold and come true!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited to see how your workshop goes!

    ReplyDelete